Sunday, June 7, 2015

Our Summer Learning Plan


We are excited to be out of school for summer! But this former teacher turned SAHM won't let the learning stop! I've read about how kids can lose so much of what they've learned during the school year and I don't want that to happen to my boys. So here's my plan to avoid that happening here.

We made our "Not a Bummer Summer" bucket list with all the activities we want to do this summer. We will color in each cloud as we complete the activity. We will also complete a mini lesson on how to be a "bucket filling family" after reading Have You Filled a Bucket Today?

Last week I got so excited to make create a summer learning plan for my boys. I founds so many resources on the web!! I shared the two pictures above on my personal Facebook page and then decided to share with all of you too here on the blog.

One part of my plan is to work together with all three of my boys three days a week for an hour. I will have rotations where each child will spend 20 minutes 1:1 with me, 20 minutes doing individual work, and 20 minutes on an educational website on the computer. I got this idea from Meaningful Mama (whom I love!!!)

We will also read, read, and read this summer! We will participate in our local public library's reading program and the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program. Through both programs students can earn free books.

I also found a great reading contract to use with boys at Literacy Loving Gals.

Then I found an awesome cool library challenge to use at the library at  Growing Book by Book.

I am looking forward to having fun learning and playing with my blessings this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...